Friday, 20 February 2015

Family Day at Hill End

One day this half term, we escaped to Hill End on one of the Family Open Days. I can never get enough of days off with the kids, and this one was a good one.
Hill End



Following along the rope obstacle course, with eyes closed.

I think someone cheated a bit...

Close your eyes!




Appreciating the very old tree.

Stick + Mud + Water = Happy Kid.






The joy of discovering more mud.

Two paved paths on either side, he prefers the mud path.

A shameful moment when I got scared. The kids had already made it across and I tried to distract myself away from the nerves by taking a photo. 
While yelling for Big Son to please come and rescue me. 

This planting was popular with the kids. Ok, with all of us.


This trolley is for jammin'. 
And so are the pots and pans and barrels in the music area.

                                "I'm playing Guns n' Roses. But a different one. In Spanish."

There was a joyous bake off in the mud kitchen. A real highlight for the mud-lovers

and lucky me, I got to judge.

Mmmm...Tasty Stinky Slop Slops!

Note my hand holding his jacket, as he eyes up another massive puddle. I'm not that mean really, just a bit unorganized. I knew that I hadn't brought a change of clothes for any of us in the car, and we had to stop in shops on the way home.
I was also too excited to take the time to change into our sensible wellies for exploring. 
I could say that I won't make that mistake again, but I know that I will.


Joining in with Coombe Mill and the Country Kids Link Up:
                                                                 Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

11 comments:

  1. Stunning photos - it looks like a brilliant day. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fabulous place to visit. There is so much for them to do and explore. I love the music area! Great photos.x #countrykids .xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, what a great outing. Love the photos, the mud pies look particularly good :) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great place to explore isn't it. monkey loves their mud kitchen #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing looking place and beautiful photos capturing it all...love the final one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set up. Love the outdoor music area. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those toilet bowl planters are the most amazing! Looks like a lovely trip =) #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you're having a fab time exploring the muddy fun at Hill End. I've seen a couple of posts about it now and it always looks like a fab. The smiles on the kids faces really shows just how much they all enjoyed themselves. I love the outdoor kitchen idea, may have to have a go at one of those at Coombe. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure a mud kitchen would be very popular at Coombe mill:-) Maybe a power washing station next to it would proove handy too!

      Delete
  9. I'm not sure how I've managed 8 years with kids without encountering a mud kitchen! My 3 year old in particular would be in her element, and if she could combine it with her ongoing hunt for the perfect stick then that would be the best day out ever. I always have spare clothes when we don't need them, and none when we do - and I never learn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous photos and such a lovely place to visit!
    #countrykids

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!