Thursday, 9 October 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

At the risk of giving myself a bout of homesickness, I'm sharing some snaps from the summer in Virgina.

All over Virginia, these creepers grow over anything they can. Trees, buildings...
I know they are most likely smothering the life underneath, but it's so much fun spotting shapes in the growth.
Giraffe?

Jesus and his disciples?

Mr. Snuffleupagus being hugged by Big Bird?
For some reason, they kept reminding me of Chris Van Allsburg's Jumanji. 
I did a search to find out why, and I'm guessing that once upon my childhood, I may have come across this book:
I would love to find it one day.

And now for some completely random mish mash of summertime growth in Virginia that caught my eye:

Common visitors in a Virgina Country Garden:



He was fast!


Healthy abundance of Basil.


Barns and Blue Ridge Mountains.





Manneskjur

6 comments:

  1. Ah I want to go and I want to go now! It all just looks so picture perfect. If I'm honest the States is never somewhere I've fancied visiting, but having seen a few Virginia posts recently it's right up at the top of my wish list. I love the flowers on the wicker seat, like Lloyd Loom gone country. Just lovely.
    I see what you mean about the ivy - it's as if someone has draped camo netting over a scene!
    Thanks for sharing lovely - hope all is ok your end x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection of photos. Love the creepers, what amazing shapes (and I agree with your interpretations!). Love the old furniture in amongst the plants x #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  3. what stories that old furniture could tell, if only it could speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I love your natural leaf sculptures! and what a fun correlation with that book! great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design! SO shabby chic! I have turtles in the Philippines and yes they are fast! Lovely photos =) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely collection of photos, I can see why they'd make you home sick, and I'm now singing "Take Me Home, Country Roads" to myself!
    That Ivy is wonderful, reminds me of looking at clouds to find different things

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!