Thursday, 21 August 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

A little nip into some gardens tucked between the museums in Washington D.C. 
I was quick (ish). I just needed a little fix, but I didn't want to hold everyone up, and mosquito time was prime.













A living wall panel!
I gave it a good inspection to see how they did things.
If you look closely, you can see that they are all planted in small plastic containers like you would buy a plant in from a garden centre. 
I liked seeing that they used some of the alpines that I have in some of my pallet planters. "Hey Cousin!"
And I really like that grassy patch at the top corner. Cogs turning...






I don't know what they are, but these big spiky leaves got my r.e.s.p.e.c.t. 
That's one tough chick of a plant.



Hope you all are well! Looking forward to catching up:-)

Manneskjur

8 comments:

  1. That living wall panel is a fantastic idea. I rather fancy one of those for my garden! Your photos of the flowers against the brick are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Studded leaves - wow!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that living wall is fab isn't it, setting my mind a turning too. And I too think that spiky leaf plant is totally cool-want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are amazing, but that building!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really interesting flora there. Punk rock leaves and the living wall is mega!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those spiky leaves are something else - never seen anything like those before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaves with spikes! Louis Vuitton leaves! Bonkers but very cool indeed. That living wall looks awesome, I'd love to do something like that - it's exactly the sort of thing that my husband would complain at me about even considering, muttering something about damp walls, but I feel I neeeeeed in my life. Reckon some sort of two palette wide and two deep freestanding living wall might work? Sort of a living garden divider?
    Loving the terracotta coloured building backdrop - impressive - I thought you've been quiet - you've been stateside!
    Thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool wall of plants! Loving that idea. Great shots - amazing variety :) #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!