Monday, 23 June 2014

Painting the Garden Part:2 Misty Watercolours


I've had this pinned for a while now: Watercolour Spray Inks but finally got round to trying it.
At art club, I loaded up several water pistols with watercolour paint, and let them have fun. I thought that the pistols would be the most popular, but actually it was the small mister bottle that I bought with a travel kit from the pound shop. (Not the one pictured above, even this garden spray bottle didn't quite get a fine enough mist)
Ones like this work the best: Travel spray bottle

The mister was the most popular and got the most "ooo"s and "ahhh"s when I did a demonstration of using plants that I had brought from the garden as maskers.

Attemps were made using the water pistols, but it didn't work.
 I have decided to bring the mister in again to allow more of the children to have a go since they enjoyed it so much. Of course, I had to have more of a play myself.
Allium head was already mysteriously be-headed.






Fennel
 I am now rubbing my hands together, planning fabric panels and more!


3 comments:

  1. I love these, so creative! I especially like the colours in the bottom ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Katie! Seriously you have to do some sort of kids art meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, just shown my daughter and it is on the list to do in the summer holidays, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!