Friday, 6 June 2014

Happy Trails


                                                       Camping Weekends are the best.
The grass was high in the field and the kids played a good game of hide and seek in there.
See that hat? There are two boys in there.
At night, they took turns hiding; flat down in the grass and the others had to search for them with their torch.
Awesome game, but it did keep me on edge trying to keep an eye on everyone in the dark.


Towels:

Weekend view from the van.



Shenanigans. 



The dude liked to take his chair off to the middle of the field to just sit.

Boy. Alone in a Field. With His Chair.
And some cereal.


Washing up is fun when you have little helpers and you get to sit outside in field to do it.
Washing awesome plates is a bonus.
We scored them here at the biggest thrift shop ever!




Little dude Cam



Father and son made it to the White Horse, while weak-ankled mother and shorter legged/patience-ed little man and daughter headed back down the hill to get our cake and tea orders in.
I wasn't overjoyed about missing out. But there will be other times.
I love climbing hills.


Easy entertainment.
Stand on the gate, unlock and swing.
Repeat.


Tea Room at the Campsite



Hand painted mugs from Annie's Tea Room.
(The family gave these to me in the last two years, and they have been waiting for their maiden voyage in my "dowry" box; a collection of finishing touches gathered for the van.)
His and Hers.






Watching the Clouds.




Wishing and waiting for the next venture now...

For a snoop round the van, see here:

                                                                   PeaSoupCampervan
                                                                Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

18 comments:

  1. Adopt me - please pleas please! Love the camper van - it's been years since I sold my old one and I miss it still x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always room for more!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what wonderful adventures! I especially enjoyed -the boy- in his chair-in the field-... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I liked that he loved playing with his brother and sisters and all the other kids on site, but that he also seemed to treasure being "on his own" in nature and having some time to himself. He is very fond of his fold up and down camping chair.

      Delete
  3. Oh that looks gorgeous! I am super jealous, I want to take my two camping but at 3 years and 8 months I'm just not brave enough yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard work, but camping with kids can be SO much fun and bonding. We took ours from very young, but of course that requires a lot of energy and planning.

      Delete
  4. Camping always feels like such an investment of energy - all the stuff you need to take, and the risk of the weather being against you. But I look forward to our annual trip in a tent so much. There's nothing better than sitting around a fire with a tin mug watching shooting stars and giving free rein to the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.Yep.Yep. For some reason, I think this was the easiest, less energy draining camping trip ever. It was pure bliss and the weather cooperated. There is a lot to be said for camping in a van vs/tent though.Less packing, nice foam beds instead of mats on ground... sink in the van for brushing teeth etc...cooking indoors if need be. It's almost glamping in a van.

      Delete
  5. We are planning on a camping but we got sick. All of us right now. But your trip is most wonderful. SO organic and the fun that they having is so priceless. I wish we could do this. I wish. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you will feel better soon and get out there camping. There is a whole summer yet to be camped in! Get well soon!

      Delete
  6. You make camping look very idyllic and such fun! I love the look of the quaint tea room and the sound of hide and seek in the long grass at night and toasting marshmallows. Thanks for linking up and sharing your camping fun with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a particularly idyllic camping trip!

      Delete
  7. Looks like everyone us having an amazing time. Love the cloud watching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it looks lovely, the photos of your children in the grass are fab. Do you follow Junkaholic - you must if you don't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Quite a recent find I think. I just saw their recent camping pictures- FABULOUS loo alert!

      Delete
  9. Wow, love the camper van!!! Looks like a perfect camping trip. Hope it isn't too long til the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this camping trip is fab. I love the van. I have wanted a VW camper ever since I saw my first one. Husband is not keen,but one day I will win. I want to go camping now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this camping trip is fab. I love the van. I have wanted a VW camper ever since I saw my first one. Husband is not keen,but one day I will win. I want to go camping now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!