Saturday, 15 March 2014

Just Me and My Littlest Man

We happened to have a morning this week when I had my little man to myself. The cleaning and jobs were as organised as they could be.  (Just don't open any doors or look in our bedrooms or garage.) So we were free to pop out for a wander round the secret gardens at Blenheim Palace.
We've had gorgeous weather this week. You can see the jacket soon comes off, and even his jumper!

We couldn't go in the Italian Gardens, this are apparently private, but I liked this statue we could just see over the hedges. I don't condone violence, but I like the action and the story behind it. What is he so angry about and why are they so un-inhibited to fight while undressed.

This statue caught our eye as well.

At least we hope it's a statue!

We had the place to ourselves and it was delightful.




Of course I grabbed the chance to admire the plants while my guy navigated the way and explored.




I was the recepient of the gift of blossom.






It was nice to let him explore and be the one to lead the way for once.

We might pop back to see these as I'm sure they will have opened up by now. 

Possibly the best part of our visit was having an adventure in the big tree.
A place that he named: Awesome.




And counting the stairs on the big staircase which is featured in the Jack Black movie Gulliver's Travels.

And blowing things up with the cannons of course!

BOOM!


                                                          Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

10 comments:

  1. Aww! How sweet! Looks like he had a LOT of fun. Beautiful photos too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, we'll have to meet up there one day, we were there last Sunday! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should! So many places to explore it never gets old!

      Delete
  3. What a great (awesome!) place to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photo's! it looks so lovely there! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful place isn't it? Had a work event there once (aaaaages before Mushroom!). How lovely to have the place all to yourselves and he's right - that tree is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to spend the morning together. Fab photos of your little man having a great time running and exploring a very picturesque place. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love spending quality time with my little ones. It's the best! Looks like you had lots of fun. And Blenheim Palace looks lovely. I've never been before but I have friends who do the triathlon there each year and they also say what a great place it is to be competing because the surroundings are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! If I could just keep up with this sporty stuff, I would be tempted. It's such a beautiful place to have so close by.

      Delete

Talk to me!