|A very sensible group shot of Oxford Team Honk. Kelly, Mary, Frankie, Katie, Rob (Kath not pictured)|
See more details here: Relay Route and Masterplan
Oxford Team Honk will be running, biking, huffing, puffing and honking through the 59.5 miles from Oxford to Chipping Sodbury on the 8th and 9th February.
To start off, Team Honk Oxford and friends will be meeting at 9:00 am on Saturday the 8th February at the Radcliffe Camera in Oxford for a frolick about town before setting off on the voyage. Please come and join us! The more the merrier in celebrating Sport Relief!
Rob will then be running from Oxford to Eynsham where Kelly, Frankie, Katie and Kath will take over on bikes. Mary will be our supporter/cheer giver/ welcome committee at Eynsham.
Bob, Judith and the rest of the Troll Gang will be joining Oxford Team Honk for their journey as well as some of their Zelf friends.
|Photo of a famous Oxford car with an Oxford Troll on a bike.|
|We will be frolicking here on Saturday the 8th of February. We couldn't wait until then.|
|Taking my love of Trolls and Zelfs WAY too far; I may actually venture out in public like this. At this rate, I'll be getting myself featured in one of those documentaries exploring alternative lifestyles. Naked Troll Biking. It's a thing.|
|Oxford Team Honk's Vehicle Support Guy: Handy Hubby|
I'm hoping to get more un-sensible shots of the rest of Oxford Team Honk at the weekend:-)
Any sponsors would be fantastic and might convince Handy Hubby that it is imperative that he wears the mullet at all times to provide a cheerful view.
Here are some of the ways the money could be put to use:
- £1 could provide a hot meal for a child in the UK living in extreme poverty
- £5 could pay for a mosquito net to protect a mother and her baby in Africa from contracting malaria while they sleep
- £10 could enable an older person in the UK who just lost someone they love to attend a group activity
- £25 could run a sports session for disabled children in the UK, giving them the chance to play with other young people
- £100 could feed 200 children living on the streets in India for one day
- £300 could provide a water point in the slums of Tanzania, giving hundreds of families access to safe, clean water
- £500 could provide six months of support for a young person in the UK with mental health issues.
Please support Team Honk by sponsoring us here.
Or Text HONK to 70005 to donate £5 to Sport Relief.
The first ever Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Games take place from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd March 2014. The public can join the fun and games by running, swimming or cycling their way to raising cash at over a thousand venues around the country, including the landmark events at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.