Thursday, 23 January 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Over the Christmas holiday, Handy Hubby and I got to escape for a few days on our own leaving the four hooligans (I include the dog in this number) with the very brave Oma and Opa.
It was "just what the doctor ordered"
Beef fuelled giggles, time to actually have a conversation.
Nothing too deep.
Or serious.
No chores.
No business to attend to.
No Internet.
No whining.
And no phone reception.  Which wasn't ideal because I need to be available to the kids/Oma and Opa if they needed rescuing... but there was a pay phone.  Which was a novelty to use.
Walking free.
Free to walk at your own pace, hold only your own bags.
Stretch.
Fresh air and rain lashed faces.
Mud.
Bliss.

Of course I feel guilty enjoying the time away.
But how nice it was to be my own body for a little bit. Just stretching.
Does that make sense?
And of course, to have non-interrupted, no-demands time with my man.
And Wales.




 How quickly the clouds rolled by, patches of sunlight highlighting patches of trees for a few seconds here and there.



I was crushing on this roof.





We also discovered Mistletoe trees!  I don't think that I have ever seen these before.  Honestly thought that maybe someone had put bunches up in the tree for seasonal decoration.

And I got a kiss:-)


Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

19 comments:

  1. All so gorgeous Katie - form the holding hands and time away as a couple to those stunning photos - that little sheepie *awww*
    I get exactly why were crushing on that roof - oh man I love Wales. We used to holiday there loads as a family when I was a kid. It's one of the few places where I don't mind spending a week even if it's raining, the grey seems to bring out the slate colours and make the greens even more vibrant.
    I heart these photo long time. Thank you for sharing and joining in and being awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Wales speaks to my soul. And it's not too far from us either. You are right about the rain bringing out the colours. I didn't mind it at all. Also because we goofed out and stopped at GO OUTDOORS on the way and because the hubby insisted that my current duvet-style jacket was not actually rainproof, I should get another one, so I did. And it was amazing. Wind and rainproof with a hood that stays up. So all that got lashed was the face. Now I wear it everyday:-) And thank YOU for being awesome!x

      Delete
  2. gorgeous photos, love the roof and the vines growing around the wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I do like that roof, too, and your break away sounds divine -especially as you got a kiss ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was divine:-) The kiss was especially nice- I do still get them on a regular basis at home, but I'll remember this specific kiss under the parasitic mistletoe:-) (See Happy Homebirds fact about mistletoe below!)

      Delete
  4. absolutely gorgeous photos. and it is so good and so important to do that. this is one of my husband's and mine resolutions for us as a couple. to do more things on our own. good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky to have the willing grandparents! Tempting to do it a bit more often if we could. Loved the enchanted forest but I had trouble commenting.x

      Delete
  5. Oh, you shouldn't feel guilty for grabbing some much needed time - a recharged mum is a happy, fun one :) Love the photos, the patches of sun on the trees are lovely. #HDYGG?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and of course they had an absolute blast with Oma and Opa lucky kiddies! The patch of sunlight on the trees was my fav too. I just loved all the different colours and how some trees seemed almost bleached!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Totally, and ferny! Now where could I plant a roof like that at home? Rubbing hands together scheming.

      Delete
  7. Love all these pictures especially the little lone sheep and the pretty roof. Your mistletoe is a parasite :) It grows on other trees - the blackbirds wipe their beaks after eating the white berries and the seed grows from the branch.I hardly ever see it though so must have been lovely to see that much. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you learn something new everyday! I had been meaning to look up "mistletoe trees" as I knew that something didn't seem quite right about that. You are a treasure trove of knowledge- I love that fact! Once we saw the first one, we noticed many more.

      Delete
  8. ooo yes i love it! Glad you got a break, thats so important and also that roof...can i crush on it with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everybody needs a break now and then, so don't feel guilty. Think of it as a battery recharge so you can be a great mom! Your photos are lovely and so diverse! The 'growing' roof is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous your pictures are well cropped laid out and fab in colour and theme i just want to drool #how does your garden grow

    ReplyDelete
  11. what gorgeous photos and what a wonderful place to explore! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, goodness! How lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!