Thursday, 7 November 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Oma's Courtyard
Nestled in the beautiful city of Antwerp; is my mother's little courtyard.  I don't think that there was anything there when they moved in a few years back, but she has planted it up with Ferns and Hostas and this gorgeous creeper.  And the best part of it is that her bedroom looks out onto it with ceiling to almost-floor sized windows and patio doors.  So she gets to see this from her bed!
And it's totally private and not overlooked by anyone which is rare in the city.










You can snoop some more around their house here
There are some more shots of the courtyard in a different season.

After a few days away, we came back and I noticed the significant changes in the colours on the Acers in our garden.
(The pictures in this post have not been edited- they are straight off the camera)
I don't think this picture does this justice.  It's totally KABLAMMING right now.
I call this The Lichtenstein Phase.


Now I just thought these leaves were about to drop, but the tone has just gone so, so, I don't know what word I could call it, but whatever this colour tone is, it really tugs at my heart strings.
Yes.
I am in lust with trees in Autumn.




Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

13 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like heaven :) What an amazing thing to look out on whilst laying in bed. I'm in love with those red leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours looked like that a couple of weeks ago. "KABLAMMING!" is just the right word! :-)

    PS So if your mom lives in Antwerpen, do you speak Flemish also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, een beetje. Maar het is bijna verloren. Ik was blij dat ik kon nog een gespreek met een kindje over mijn laatse vakantie!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous courtyard - she's made it look brilliant! I do love acers, and I'm enjoying the changing colours of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mothers balcony sounds wonderful - I would love that outside my bedroom window :) And, well the Acers, I have no words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazingly bright is that?! Wonderful stuff - I need to get me some Acer action I can see. The one thing I find this linky really good for is for making my wish list of plants for when we do our garden!
    How smashing to have a private balcony - and to see it from bed must be so good for the soul x

    Thanks for joining in again, off for a snoop of their place now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely view! I have learned a new word today - Acers. I'm a none gardener, but have read through How Does Your Garden Grow posts with acers in today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Acer is AWESOME!!! I love it when the leaves go red. Love red, love Autumn! The creeper is wonderful too, fabulous stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Acers rock! Ours isn't doing as marvellously as I'd hoped - need to put it in a bigger container this spring. And how wonderful to have a Mum living in Antwerp - one of my favourite cities in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. We are very lucky to have a fantastic holiday destination with family!

      Delete
  9. I love Acers, sadly mine are all at my last house. I hope the new owners are looking after them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame I don't think they are easy to take cuttings from for travelling/sharing. I'm sure they must be making the new owners happy though!

      Delete

Talk to me!