Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Born to Read


Now, I am not a fan of those trendy label decorations for the home.  You know the ones that say stuff like; Family, Home, Eat, Sleep, Rest, Love....
Not trying to offend anyone here, it's just a personal taste thing. Like hubby doesn't like doilies, I do not like labels.  I guess I don't take well to being told what to do, like I'll eat when I want to eat, I don't need any prompting.  Rest? That would be nice wouldn't it?
But I'm a total hypocrite because our house is littered with labels.
And I like them.
This is one of the ways that we promote reading in our house.  We've had these for a while, but renewed some of them yesterday after some were lost in the move and renovations.






Yes. We may have been to Mc Donalds a few times this summer.


We also have the kid's names and days of the weeks printed, just like in school.

And a lot of flash cards.
They really enjoy using these like trading cards.

And here, help yourself to a book...




We love to read!
We've signed up to be a changemaker here:


























11 comments:

  1. I love this, but I also love trendy labels too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I know I'm weird. It's a totally irrational thing!

      Delete
  2. Oh what a fab idea! I wish I'd thought of this when my two were learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. Enjoyed looking at all of those books, too. I wrote a post on this and signed up, too, as it's just so important. Just one or two smurfs there then..?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look at yours soon! Yes. Smurfs:-) I'll just point out that I have 3 kids, and we were given some too... so it's not that bad?(trying to convince myself) But we did seem to have a few more trips there than usual this summer! I do love Smurfs:-)

      Delete
  4. Love all the labels, and that your kids are taking such a keen interest in reading. My two love books, and words... it's easy to take for granted. Great initiative by Save The Children #BlogLoveDay11

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is just learning to read, I'm definitely doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flashcards with mustache. And that plant. Gorgeous. I would label everything in my house if I could get away with it!

    #BlogLoveDay11

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this when I was learning German but it's also a great idea for kids' reading too. I love the plant label :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got students staying with us who are learning English, so it might be helpful for them too:-) Plant label is my fav, we put magnets on the backs of the scrabble tiles and it's fun!

      Delete

Talk to me!