Thursday, 12 September 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Troll Wedding Edition! (Yes, barmy, but that's nothing new!)
So I've cleared the garden, ready for the Autumn/Winter and fretted that I've nothing more to share, nothing more to show until spring.  I still love our garden, and I love Autumn, but this week, I didn't feel I had anything new to share but I still wanted to join in... I admired the succulents and mused about what a lovely bouquet they would make.
Who do I know that is getting married? Who would be keen to carry a bouquet of succulents just to please me?
Why Judith and Bob! My ever faithful troll friends, always willing to get married on a short notice.
First they had to descend from their position above my kitchen cabinets. (Inspired by the decor in Atomic Pizza in Cowley, I was overjoyed to find they fit up there nicely. My little happy zone.)

They were going to tie the knot yesterday, but the wedding venue got rained out.
So they waited until today. They are flexible like that.
A Garden Wedding in September, celebrating the final joys of summer gardening.
Judith and her mother getting ready. Judith's crown is adorned with baby succulents. (Which fell out later on)
The Bride and her Succulent Bouquet (adhered to her hand with blu tack-something blue.)
No Weeding this week! 

The table is laid under the Ferns and Japanese Maples.  The table mats are the finest leaves of Sage.  The shells are bowls.
The arrangements: Freshly picked Thyme and Rosemary 
They feasted on the last summer strawberry, plums from the tree, cucamelons and chili peppers. All from our own garden, or from friends.



And now the preparations were complete, it was time for the ceremony!

Last minute grooming of the guests.

The mother and daughter await their moment...
Oh wait! Let's stick a succulent fascinator on here!

The clothing optional wedding guests wave lavender upon the arrival of the bride.

Bob, the groom awaiting his bride.

Dum, dum, de dum...


Archway of Ivy and the alter stand beneath the Oxallis.
Dearly beloved! Marwidge...



The Kiss!


Yay! 
Duh, duh, de de num de de de nanana na nah! de ne ne ne ne ne nah nah nah nah nah ne ne ne ner ne nah ne ne!




To the Ceremony!

(the again as in; I'm sure I've done this with them many times before)

Fairground rides for the kids

"I carried a Watermelon."


First Dance.



Tossing the Bouquet.



Honeymoon Time! 

He insisted that their friends could go on the honeymoon too.

To Sedum Cascades

Plenty of places for privacy here. Happy Romancing.

Meanwhile the partying continued...



Congratulations Bob and Judith Troll.
Oh man that was so much fun. But now I worry that I'll be blocked from joining in with How Does Your Garden Grow because of the obscene amounts of pictures (sort of) relating to gardening... or that everyone will find out that I'm in my thirties and still playing with dolls.
But I shall quell my worries by spiking the apple cider I'm going to try to make tomorrow...
Happy Gardening lovelies! It's been a Super Dooper Summer!

Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?
In other garden news, we used the seeds that we collected as party favours: http://katie-randomnest.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2013-09-12T14:20:00-07:00&max-results=7

33 comments:

  1. *snort* That is the funniest most brilliant series of photographs and descriptions I've seen in a long time. Must have taken ages but genius. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a while, in fact I'm adding a label entitled: Why my house is a mess and why there is no dinner on the table. But it was so much fun and playing (with the kids) is more important:-)

      Delete
  2. This is the best thing I've seen for a long time, Katie! So cute, so funny and a gorgeous garden setting for Bob and Judith. Looks like their wedding was dreamy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has really made my Friday morning. So funny and brought back lots of childhood memories. Hope they live happily ever after!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I really feel this was a wise investment of my pocket money. They have given me many years of joy.

      Delete
  4. Genius! This is just the most creative and fun post I've seen in ages! You know I approve of the succulent bouquet ;)

    What a great idea! Love the partying in to the night and that last photo made me chuckle. Oh I love it all SO MUCH! Genius genius woman you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! So I'm not banned then? :-)

      Delete
  5. Haha this is such a fun idea. I used to have these when I was little and I absolutely loved them. Hope they have a nice honeymoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Bob and Judith. I needed that laugh, thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has totally made my day! Absolute flipping GENIUS :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uber brilliant! Bob and Judith, you rock, and may you have many many happy years together! :-D

    Now I wish I had photographed Spiderman and Polly Pocket's wedding all those years ago... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still time if you've still got them! I bet they made a cute couple!

      Delete
  9. What imagination and creativity! absolutely loved this post, in a strange way I actually feel that I have attended their fairy-like wedding - LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesomeness personified. Genius. I found myself being slightly concerned that Bob had no clothes on and then reassured myself that Judith didn't seem to mind...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post and congratulations to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great wedding. Wish I'd been there - bet the honeymoon was fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL - saw this via mammasaurus twitter - and passed it on stumbleupon

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome post! I bet you had so much fun getting creative with the props and playing out this story (sorry, attending the wedding of Bob and Judith!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. still laughing.
    and can't wait for the wedding video to come out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, there was no video of this event, but I suspect they took the video camera on honeymoon with them...

      Delete
  16. Ah Katie, this is the best How Does Your Garden Grow ever! I laughed until the tears were tripping me. Genius, just genius. The mother of the bride is looking very colourful and her succulent fascinator is so on trend. Hahaha, you've made my evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! So glad to be a part of your evening! I've seen succulent bouquets before but not fascinators... perhaps we should patent this!

      Delete
  17. Bahahahaha! Worth every look at every photo and worth reading through to the last - one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh haha, wonderful with all those trolls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Katie this is the best post ever - I love it. I laughed and laughed. You are so amazing :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous post Katie! Made me chuckle, love the retro toys and the photography is really fun! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh it's fricking brilliant! How did I miss this last week? HOW?!?!

    'I carried a watermelon'.....

    LOVE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just completely awesome! Do I spot a princess bride reference in there as well as dirty dancing? (Or is that just wishful thinking?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAASSSSSSSSS YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!

      Delete
  23. Have you got a book deal for this yet? Had me giggling away like a silly thing!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!