Friday, 27 September 2013

Glowing Goo



Crush Vitamin B tablets into powder.

Mix powder into warm or boiling water. Mix into cornflour as you would normally make "goo".
Get in the dark, switch on the black light and play!




The three year old is wearing a glow in the dark Darth Vader Top and Dancing around with Glowing Goo hands like a proper raver.
There would be more pictures if:
I wasn't busy getting my hands gooey too.
If I wasn't supervising as well.  The black light gets very hot and needs to be watched around the littles.
I also would love to make a bigger batch of this stuff, but this was an experiment and I wasn't sure if it would work so well.
(I don't know if anyone has tried this before, and I didn't want to do a search on the Internet before hand because I was enjoying experimenting and discovering what would work for myself. So I'm not necessarily claiming this as my idea because I know that pretty much everything is already on the internet. I did get the recipe for the vitamin B glowing water from here: http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/09/edible-glowing-spiderwebs-sensory-play.html
I then brainstormed what we could make using the glowing water.  Through my experimentation I realised how important it was for me to feel like I was discovering something new on my own, and therefore, how important it is to allow the kids to enjoy the same feelings of discovery rather than having activities all planned out.  The journey of the discovery is super fun. And those are my words of wisdom. Now, I'm off to buy more Vitamin B and encourage the kids to come up with some more ideas of what we can make GLOW!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!