Wednesday, 5 June 2013

A Wimp's Rebellion

I do like a good bit of naughty, but am too scared to break any rules for real.
The perfect product for a badass wannabee?
Chalk Spray Paint.
Stencil 101 and 201 books have been waiting for this moment since last Christmas I think!
The older boy and I painted up this large bit of plywood (leftover from building work and hanging around in the garden) with chalkboard paint.  I didn't know how well this spray chalk worked and if it was messy, so I thought I should try it outside, rather than inside on our chalkboard walls.
(That is pretty responsible of me.  I am not usually that rational.)
AND, I wasn't in the mood to freak the neighbours out by spray painting our drive and road.
It disturbed one of them enough when the kid's were making harmless messages in the street with old school chalk, and I don't want to rock the boat.
Naughty is fun, but everybody needs good neighbours.
Respect.
So this is now our fourth massive chalkboard area.
This one is for outside.
Can you have too many?
Maybe.
Anyway.
Totally Rad Stencils:
Spray Chalk:
Although it looks like they are out of stock!  I've had mine waiting for a few months to come out and play.  I really hope that we can get more at some point, because it is super fun. But pricey.

I should have put my hoody on for this bad ass photo shoot.
So fun.  I had to do more, more, more!
But I finally agreed to share.
A little bit.
Shake it! Shake it! Shake it!
You know what to doooo!
Except that he didn't.
It took a little bit of practice to figure out that you get better results when it's held further back.
This was too close and too much paint.
But it's all part of the life lessons in graffiti.
And yes, he is spray painting in his school uniform.
Because too much prepping zaps the spontaneity and naughty factor.
And, it really is washable stuff.

Mini Banksy has a go.




Most of the stencils are reusable, although I just put them all to rinse, not realising that one of the books stencils are card based, so maybe best to let dry on those ones as it fell apart in the water.



I need to work on the two tone techniques.

The spray was intergalactic.

 "Isn't this flammable?"
Ah good.  She missed the bit about not for use under the age of... bit.







LOVE.
There is still more paint left even though we went through quite a few stencils and free styling.
And it washed off as well as any chalk.
Just hope we can replenish the supply at some point!


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project: I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Happy birthday, beautiful blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!