Tuesday, 15 January 2013

I'm just another fragment of your life

...to wander free

Elton John Lyrics as understood by me.
Hubby would enjoy telling you that I get lyrics wrong regularly.
This is very annoying when I am belting out a song in my best voice, having a great time and regretting not trying to make it as a professional singer; and then I am corrected.
And I don't know about you, but even if I know it's wrong, if I have known it that way for so long, the wrong way tends to stick.
Like when I get lost going somewhere, chances are the next time I try to get to that destination, I will go the lost way again, because it feels familiar.
So.
I was sure about these lyrics, but just thought I would check before publishing this to go with my cheesy quotes on picture collection.
And apparently, I got it wrong.
It is supposed to be:
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free.
hmmmm....
I'm trying not to be stubborn, but Elton, I like my version better.

How great is that first bit of the song?!

I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I'm growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life

                                                                    Also over here today:
                                                                     PeaSoupCampervan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!