Thursday, 25 October 2012

Freak Out.

The weekly theme over at the Sticky Fingers Blog is: Books.  I can do that!
The other week I featured books that we were reading to celebrate Autumn.
Today, I would like to feature:
Books to Freak Out with.

Banana by Ed Vere.
Proper stroppage quality.  
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Seuss
Bring On The Diva.
Charlie and Lola- But Excuse Me That is MY Book by Lauren Child
So she looks all sweet in this picture, but when I read this aloud to the kids, I am chanelling Regan MacNeil- (The Exorcist girl)

I Want My Potty by Tony Ross
Another Diva and a terrible attempt to imitate Julian Clary's accent.

Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
A bird. Flapping.
Fantastic!

Marvin K. Mooney by Dr Seuss
Being assertive just for the sake of being mean and assertive.
So much fun!

The other great thing to mention about books like Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and Banana is that pre-readers can read these back to you as there are minimal words.  My boy is describing what is happening in the pictures.
Below: Can you see those wheels turning?  The little man is taking note.  Maybe an alternative title could be How to Strop: For Dummies

 I like to give it my all when reading stropping books.  Sometimes my throat hurts after a really good session.  I just worry that the neighbours might hear through the wall and think that I really am a Diva and not just "getting into character" for my audience.
If you know of any other Great Big Stroppy Books I would love to add to my repetoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!