Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Crafty Ladies

A friend invited me to a Craft Day to raise money for Rosy; a charitable support group providing respite nursing for Oxfordshire's Sick Youngsters.
We were encouraged to bring our own crafts to work on while we were there.  I settled on bringing some bits and bobs to start lino cuttings, but ended up chatting and snooping around at the other's work for most of the session!  It was such a relaxing morning and although I didn't actually make much, I thought it would be nice to dedicate time to craft with others more often.
Maybe then, some of their talents would wear off on me!

I couldn't bring myself to start cutting into the proper lino yet, so I practice doodled on some rubber erasers. Nothing amazing here- but cutting into the rubber was super satisfying and I will have to try some more.
I would love to make some like this:
FYI: They raised £243.76 for ROSY!
Well Done!


2 comments:

  1. you "made" a great photo of knitting, captured the light so well, & lots of line & texture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raylee. She had the best seat in the place, right in the patch of sun. She was very content!

      Delete

Talk to me!