Tuesday, 25 September 2012

We're Not Worthy!

A few years ago, the hubby and I were road tripping around Virginia when we stumbled upon an apparent dinosaur invasion in the small town of Glasgow.
This was before the time of digital cameras and wifi on your phones or whatever.  So we had to check ourselves to make sure that we weren't hallucinating the beauty of a T Rex hanging out of an upstairs window of a building.  I would try to find the photographic evidence of this particular encounter, but that would mean days of sifting through photos and negatives.  You can find evidence that we are telling the truth online though: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9211
We've always wanted to go back, but have since discovered that most dinosaurs have been removed from the town, I think to be brought into Dinosaurland which featured in the book Weird Virginia, and on my Bucket List.  
Sadly, Dinosaurland is no longer.  You can read about it here:
We did find something else.
And now you have to play the sound clip below so that you can get a better understanding of what was going on in my head when we saw this on the side of the road and pulled over to have a little snoop. 
(Play it hubby.  It annoys me when you don't experience my blog posts to their full potential.)






I believe this was the Enchanted Castle and a resting place for the surviving pieces of the fires.  He also has a studio area here.







This one is my personal favourite.  I would LOVE to have him in my garden.



This is lovely Jacob who was keeping an eye on the place.  He has been working with Mark Cline.


And then a bit further down the road:




Foamhenge in the Blue Ridge Mountains.



and the last dinosaur that we found in Glasgow.

Maybe one day when the kids are older we will go "Hunt Bigfoot with a Redneck", or one day the Haunted Monster Museum might reopen.
But I worry that we might behave like this if we were ever to find ourselves in the presence of Professor Cline:


I get to be Garth in this scenario, ok?

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha.
    this is so weird and wonderful.
    you keep us entertained. i hope your hubby did experience the full effects of this post!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!