Thursday, 20 September 2012

Bridechilla

Well...
We survived the wedding, despite all my anxieties.  And I did indeed receive a chill pill; from the bride of all people!

When we arrived at the house, she was as cool as a cucumber. Even when the hairdresser burned her forehead and later when the DJ played a terrible remix instead of their song, she was chilled.  Relaxed, smiling, and enjoying her day. This energy rubbed off and helped me to pull myself together.
The bride's family welcomed us so graciously.  It should have felt very awkward, considering that we were invading their space and their special moments with our big lenses, but they made us feel like we belonged there.
Everyone was cooperative, and the weather was glorious.  I was very grateful and relieved.

The Bride and Groom's youngest son was missing his Mummy.  He hadn't seen her since the day before and was waiting for her arrival.
Waiting...
There she is!
The Boys




Rob and Lindsey were great, and let me drag them off again, into the sunset, to squish themselves into a phonebox for a picture.
I had really wanted to cram them both in for a steamy window type shot with a cutsie "Do Not Disturb" sign to hang on the front, but the dress was too big, and that might have pushed their patience too far:-)
Things I learned:
1. Never, ever wear high heeled shoes to a wedding as the photographer.  There is only one word for that kind of foolishness.  Stupid.
2. It's difficult to take photos in focus when your eyes keep welling up all the time. 
3. Be assertive. 
4. Decide on and remember certain poses so that you don't keep making the couple kiss all the time.
Here is a pic I took for myself, to record my time with the Handy Hubby as a photographer team.
But now that I look at it, I see a pair of paparazzi invading a romantic moment!

5. I love people and I love taking pictures.  I've always known this, but this was a most satisfying experience.

Thank you and Congratulations to Rob, Lindsey and their friends and family for letting us be a part of such a special day!






















6 comments:

  1. I might have to use "bridechilla" from now on. Such an awesome bride ... not to mention, gorgeous photos! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have really captured the moments......i like "the boys", great composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raylee. The boys is one of my favs!

      Delete
  3. ...and my eyes welled up reading this! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only emotional one:-)

      Delete

Talk to me!