Friday, 14 September 2012

Bit of Rough

There's nothing quite like a bit of peeling paint,
to me at least.





And that is all I have to say about that, because in real time, my nerves are as worn as this paint.

A few months ago, I agreed to photograph a friend's wedding.  In moment of people-pleasing-insanity.  And now the Big Day has arrived.
And I am stressing.   I am not made of the stuff that I need to get through this gracefully.
What if the church is too dark to get a good shot?
What if it rains?
What if I don't get all the family combinations?
What if they are blurred/out of focus?
How will I remember all those super awesome set-up pictures from Pinterest?
If I do, will they cooperate?
What if I trip and stumble down the aisle and make noises? 
Which is why I am choosing to wear smart black trousers/black top, nice flat shoes.  Is this too casual??!!
And word's got round this morning on the school run: There is a sickness bug going round!
Will we be taking pictures when we get that call that our kids our being sick?
Or even worse: will the bride and grooms little ones take a raincheck on the sickness bug, at least to get through the day??!!!
Be careful what you wish for right?  I did say that I wanted to take more pictures of people, and what an opportunity.
But what a responsibility.
This day has been over ten years in the making.
I hope I don't let them down!
(Does anyone have a chill-pill?!?!?!)
Lucky for me, Handy Hubby is in on this with me.
I hope he can offer me calming support rather than over technical support.
Technicalities freak me out!



2 comments:

  1. great post!!

    and these are all gorgeous shots, too.

    have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!