Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Bedtime Stories

We are reading The Indian in the Cupboard at the moment.  This was my own copy of the book from when I was a kid and I'm lucky enough to have it signed by the author!

The kids are loving this book too and so tonight while I was reading aloud, we set up an Indian in the Cupboard scene.

The Teepee is made out of twigs, held together with elastic band.  The canvas is the corner from an old pillow case, decorated with the deco pens.

The Key!  The hubby and I found this key randomly on a street in New York many years ago.  Now we just need the cupboard!


It was difficult to get a shot because the 2 year old already fully understands how to play cowboys and Indians and they were in full battle mode.  It must be a natural thing...

Next challenge is for the kids to make a long house like Little Bear.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, love this Katie, you guys are so creative! I remember reading that book in third grade, forgot all about it. Will have to get a copy for the kids, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids will remember this forever! What a fun idea!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book when I was younger, I must look it up in the library to re-read!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!