Friday, 6 July 2012

Package Pals: What I sent

I cheerfully signed up to be a part of the Jamie's package pals exchange at C.R.A.F.T.
Then the anxiety set in.  It was my first exchange.
What do I send?
How much do I send?
Why did I think I could participate when almost everything I make results in a great, big flop?
Poor person who gets stuck with me as a package pal...
But I got on with it.
And looked at a lot of other package exchanges on the internet to get some ideas, and managed to narrow things down a bit...
so here is what i sent:


Vintage map of Great Britain Decopatched box
3 pieces of material-(my package pal likes to sew)
Honeysuckle Candle in old tea cup
Drawstring Bag
A simple necklace with her my package pal's daughter's name on it.
A Lavender Sachet made with "Local Lavender" from my friend's garden.
A decopatch kit with the letter "M", her daughter's initial.  She likes to make things for her daughter so I thought this would be fun and simple and she could decorate it to her tastes.
And my daughter made her a pot holder because she likes to cook!

Although this was not perfect, it is my best attempt at metal letter stamping so far!

The Map book I used to cover the kid's smoothie box.  Annoyingly, I forgot to do the inside of the box first.
Perhaps this will help my package pal to find her way to come and visit me for a coffee:-) 

My package pal is Italian, and while I was brainstorming about what to make, I kept having Dean Martin in my head:



Some of the greatest lyrics of all time:
When the moon hits you eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore 
(yes this happens to me all the time)
When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's amore
(yep- again, this happens all the time)
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita bella"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella
(Say What?!)

So ignoring the fact that this is very generic Italian Restaurant music, I thought that I would make one of those quote paintings that are so trendy on pinterest.


but this flopped.
I didn't have vinyl letters, so I used wooden ones, and sprayed the top of paint on having mixed it with too much water and the letter allowed speepage and the paint mixed with water did not work well.
Nevermind!
Needless to say, I did not send this!
I might try this again actually following other people's instructions:-)

I hope that she likes it...
Thank you Jamie for hosting!


handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. I love "that's amore" too... haha! You sent an awesome package, I am so impressed with your metal letter stamping! Thank you for particpating in PP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything here is so beautiful, Katie - I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply adore everything you sent me!!! I did not realise you had stamped the necklace yourself! I am seriusly impressed!!! (it is already in my daughter's treasures chest, ready for her to wear soon! :-) )
    (Btw i like the "that's amore" sign too, very artistic LOL!
    I have participated in craft exchanges before,m but this has to be one of my top favourite ones! :-)

    ....And now i am stuck with Dean Martin singing in my head....yes I am weird like that.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, everything is so great! I love, love, love the potholder your kids made!
    Also, I love the 'That's Amore' sign that you made, it looks like it was supposed to be that way!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!