Saturday, 9 June 2012

Pallet Planter Update

I decided to put the pallet planter up against the wall after all.  Here is what she looks like now:
Handy Hubby secured her to the wall with brackets.  We took the top plank off and filled in with more compost and plants.


A few weeks in the sun and the plants have gone CRAZY.  I have already used cuttings from these plants for other planters as well as taking a few out completely to make space.  A few things need tweaking- but I suspect this will be ongoing, like a normal garden.  I didn't realise the two plants with pink flowers were lined up one above the other.  Might move one.  And space some more out.


I do love this SOOOOO much that I am already planning another.  The Alpines seem to work really well in here and are quick spreading.  I might think about keeping one planter for succulents and one for alpines...
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much in love with this pallet planter.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!