Monday, 25 June 2012

Bloomers

 Nothing more than a bit of showing off our bloomers!
Our first success with Sweet Peas


The Kid's Flower Border is Bloomin' Marvellous!

I had let them go crazy with the seeds that we had stored and collected from neighbours, and it's all a bit  crammed in, but very pretty.


The trouble with letting the kids loose with the seeds, is that they go Everywhere.  So I think that these are no ordinary weeds, but poppies trying to grow through the cracks in the paving slabs.
I had no idea that the succulents I had planted would do this!  You learn something new everyday!  

The overcrowding of the pallet planter continues, but I have managed to get enough cuttings from mine to fill up an even bigger pallet that we gave to my friend for her birthday!  So succulents can be like that Herman Friendship Cake that gets passed round, but hopefully with more success!  
And when I say that we gave my friend a pallet for her birthday, I mean that we prepped it first with plank removals, material backing and sanding down.  I'm pretty sure that she liked it- she did say she loved mine... but still feels odd to be giving my friends old bits of wood!  Can't wait to see what she does with hers


Fennel











No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!