Thursday, 14 June 2012

Abandoned Village of Vintage Fisher Price

I love my vintage Fisher Price Collection.  I pretended it was for the kids.  But I was fooling no one.  We found these beauties a few years ago at a car boot sale.  I think that we got them all for £1.50.  Apart from the Ferris Wheel, which was a hand-me-down.  



We don't have any of the people, or furniture, but that doesn't bother me.  Our random toys play in there.  Mostly toy cars get parked in the super cool garages or bedrooms.  I quite like them without all their matching bits.  It feels like a mini, abandoned, retro suburbia

with ghosts...

Houses are lit, but no one is home.  


 Fisher Price House with Mood Lighting
boo.
                         






The facade is a bit worse for wear, but the doorbell still works!

That would be me as a child- dreaming of living in a fisher price house.  Would it be too weird if I painted our house to look a fisher price theme park?

Yellow House lit up


The Old School House with the faithful dog










The Old School House lit up

Once the kids have finished playing with the houses, I might think about rigging them up as permanent lamps... or super  spooky nightlights.  For now, I won't vandalise them - I just pop in battery operated lights for the ambiance.







3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, the big wheel is wonderful. We've also got some nice pieces of vintage Fisher Price, we have a shoe house and some baby toys. They were so well made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! Just got out the old FP record player again! Love Fisher Price! Although the concept was lost on the two year old who was asking for it to play Jedward!

      Delete
  2. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!