Monday, 14 May 2012

Snooping in my Daughter's Room

Don't tell my kids; but even though I get all huffy about it, I really do enjoy cleaning their room.  They are expected to keep things tidy, put clothes away, make their beds, dust ect., but I come in every couple of weeks (or more) for a deeper clean, and snoop!
I just love being surrounded by their belongings,


 
and creations,


(Monster on a cloud)



and their treasures.

Portrait of my girl, by a friend.





I love having an insight into their secret lives.

These were written by my daughter's friend.  "I hate Dolls and Poo."  Fair Enough.



Ready for Hogwarts.


Drawer of Stuff.



I like being surrounded by things that used to be in my childhood bedroom.



Doorstop Treasures

Garden treasures


Ikea Instructions Hacking Creations

 I know that I haven't got long before I am banned from their bedrooms, so I am enjoying the access while I can!  My Grandma told me that she used to put her kid's records on when she was cleaning the house.  I look forward to doing that soon- when their taste in music progresses from Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber.
All photos were approved by My Lady. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing all the little treasures, it reminds me of the sort of things that I used to collect when I was a child (and still do....!). I made my son a small treasure box to keep his little things in away from his sister, it was fascinating to see the things that he wanted to put in there.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!