Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Succulent Pallet Planter

I've gone Pallet Mad!  I've been collecting my pallets for a while now, brainstorming and waiting impatiently for some time to get busy and make something!  The time arrived this weekend.  Or rather, I SEIZED the time, and my handy hubby with his tools and advice.  I was planning to make a wall-hanging succulent planter, and it still might be... but I quite like it as a table too.  It has to lay flat anyway for a few weeks for the plants to (hopefully) start rooting.


laying out the plants, some old, some new.

Lightly sanded and rearranged planks and weed suppressing material stapled to the back and sides.


Extra supporting planks added to the back

succulents divided and planted up



Placed here to allow for the plants to root in a sunny position away from little toddler hands.  With planks attached to the sides and top.  
Grow babies! GROW!


Having some letter fun with the pallets in between stages

Pallet stage.  I'm going to be told off if I use to many of these pallets for my projects.  The kids have adopted them and this has been a Monster Truck Ramp, stage and bench for a few days now.

5 comments:

  1. I love this, do you mind if I add it to the Thrifty Carnival over at www.athriftymum.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for popping by my blog just now, i love seeing everybody's garden projects and sharing my own! This is a great idea, ive seen it done last year (cant remember where) and they attached it to a wall, but i kinda like your table version too. I love succulents and keep meaning to plant some!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aqeela. We probably have seen the same one! It was for a balcony garden? But I think she had it leaning against the wall which I worry about because the pallets are SO heavy and not good idea with little kiddies running around. Also, I was too impatient and didn't think things through as I realized that the only wall I could hang it on doesn't get that much sun, and succulents like sun. So once it's established, I think it will be a table and then the children can play with their dinosaurs and bugs on there as well! I love succulents, and they and the flowering alpines (?) should all be quite hardy- fingers crossed!

      Delete
    2. I think the table idea would be just fine, and great for the kids to explore! x

      Delete

Talk to me!