We borrowed The Good Green Lunchbox Book (http://www.lionhudson.com/detail.php?product_id=2747105) from the library, and they have chosen their meals. I added one in this morning and luckily, it was a hit!
See those little green bits in there? Those are courgettes. So apparently this muffin is healthy ok?
I used 3 baby courgettes- grated
175g (ish) brown sugar
150ml (ish) sunflower oil
2 teaspoons (ish) vanilla essence
250g (ish) self-raising flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon (ish) cinnamon
1. grate the courgettes
2. Put the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla essence into bowl. Mix well.
3. Add Flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix.
4. Add grated courgettes, stir.
5. Put large dollop into muffin cases.
6. Pop them into the oven at 170 ish degrees C? Or you know, whatever normal temperature you oven usually works best on. 15 min. Until they are golden brown on top.
The recipe called for chopped walnuts or pecans, but we left these out because of the nuts and allergies in schools thing.
They were YUM. Not convinced about healthy though:-)
We might try them with carrots next time- or grated cheese with the courgettes...