Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Lego Snow Globes





dry snow globe because the tree has metal in- don't want it to rust

Stocking hanging on a mantle
This wasn't too much of a disaster! Hurrah!  The only thing I messed up was on one of the dry snow globes- glueing them on the lid too wide so that the lid didn't close.  Doh!
Also tried to seal the jars by glue-gunning the lid to the jar.  Did not work, then the jar didn't close.  Seems to work better sealing outside the lid/jar with glue gun once the lid is on tight.
Had fun!  Success:-)  Would like to make more, but we didn't have a lot of small, plastic Christmas ornaments- and I love the lego- but once the lid is sealed it would be difficult to get the lego back, so wary about using too much of our lego supply.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, what a fab idea.

    I just randomly found you on Netmums :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love your lego Snowglobes... snowglobes are SO on our to do list (I say that every year)... and this is a great idea!

    Maggy
    PS would love for you to join in at my Kids Craft Link up party? http://www.redtedart.com/2011/12/21/kids-crafts-mini-present-ornaments-dollshouse/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!