Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Silhouettes

I've been wanting to do some silhouettes of the kids for ages, and I thought that I would have them sitting sideways against a wall while I shone a light on them, tracing round their shadow on a paper on the wall.
Then found this: http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2009/09/silhouette-pictures.html
So simple!  You can print things on your normal printer, on normal paper and then just cut round them.
Here's one I made totally inspired by Ruffles and Stuffs:

 Hubby's birthday card:
So my attempts are amateur.  I should really lie and say that the kids did these! But I had fun and it's quite addictive.  Simple cutting and sticking makes me feel indulged.  I was surprised that you could get small details by just using scissors rather than using craft knifes.  I will be doing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!